From:
Thomas Seay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 18:31:19 -0700

> I disagree only with you trying to get others to
> hold what is your opinion
> on what is important in life.

I did not try to get others to hold my opinion about
what is important in life...I only pointed out that
some people become obsessed with diet and health.

Now what you want to do about it, is your business.
If you dont think it applies to you, then either it
really doesnt or (to use one of the pop-psychobabble
terms that are so dear to you) you are in denial.

> deteriorated into mockery of others who don't
> experience things the way you
> do (Chopra included).

It's not mockery for the sake of mockery.  I happen to
be a scientist.   I realize that science can not
answer all questions, so I wont challenge Mr. Chopra's
spiritual beliefs.  However, his fantastic abuse of
quantum theory is certainly not scientific. His ethics
also seem to be questionable .  I dont care what he
believes, but he should be ashamed of himself for his
perversions of science and, in my opinion, for
exploiting a spiritually starved population for his
own greed.

I know it is fashionable among the psychobabble
generation to be relativistic towards truth.
Even though I agree that everyone should have a right
to express themselves that does not extend to the
point of letting all ideas pass without scrutiny.

Thomas

=====
Thomas Morgan Seay
984 Valencia Street