From:
"M.E. Craddock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 09:20:49 EST
In a message dated 3/17/2001 11:47:12 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> This is not true for the Cherokee. According to the Cherokee legends, the
> Cherokee are descended from the "Star People" from another planet. They
> originally lived in South America and Southern Central America until the
> time of the Great Floods. In the Great Flood, "The Man With No Name" led
> them in their canoes to what is now the Qualla Cherokee reservation in The
> Great Smokey Mountains of Western North Carolina. The Cherokee say this
> legend can be proven true. Some of the proofs offered are:
> The Cherokee language is unlike any other Native American language
> The Cherokee culture is unlike any other Native American tribe.
> The Cherokee lived in log cabins unlike the other Native American tribes.
> The Cherokee dress is unlike any other Native American tribe
> The Cherokee legends and religion is unlike any other Native American tribe
> The Cherokee's physical features are unlike any other Native American tribe
>
> At one time, the Cherokee nation covered most of Western North Carolina,

Kevin,
Do you have a good book suggestion for more information on what you state
above?
My mother was 1/2 Cherokee from Blue Ridge Mountains area. She did not bring
much native American history with her and died when I was very young. I would
like to know more.
Thanks,
Mary C.