From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 15:46:03 -0600
>to eat "paleo" style means being a vegetarian that eats meat too. In other
>words, a difference of degree, not principle, with vegetarians.

Dave, the last time I checked 'vegetarian' meant someone who ate NO meat.
Wouldn't that make your definition the equivalent of a virgin that has
intercourse? :)

In all seriousness, it's pretty well documented that how much animal food a
tribe or culture eats varies.  The Inuit tribe of northernmost North America
eats allmost all whale blubber and they're doin' fine; another tribe (sorry,
the name escapes me) on a small island off the coast of Papaua/New Guinea
eats mostly plant food but does eat fish and eats no grain.  They're fit as
fiddles, too.  I know that plains Indians ate roughly 75% animal food and
25% plant food.

In all honesty, it's hard not to guffaw at someone who says "I'm a
vegetarian but I do eat some fish and even chicken from time to time."  Piss
or get off the pot!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO