From:
Cecilia Moen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 08:00:13 +0200
Paul Sand wrote:
>BTW my lower back pain which was killing me despite of  hours of
yoga now
>almost vanished without any specific exercises. Any idea why (I don't
>complain :)

A cure for many backaches is avoidance of grains... I wish
I remembered medicinal names better but if I don't. Basically I think
it was that excesses of something in grains was saved in the lower
back
muscles. By avoiding grains the surplus is used up and the back stops
hurting.

A North American doctor once wrote a book about this (I have read lots
of back books as my mother suffers terribly from backaches and has
tried lots of remedies) who wrote that 90% of all backaches were due
to over consumtion of grains (mainly wheat) and also stated that there
is a correlation between backache frequency on a national level and
certain weeks in fall and spring (which he speculated might have
something to do with the age of grain products...)

If any one is interested I can ask my mom to dig in her bookshelf
after the book and get the name. (It is an old book though.)

Also I remember once hearing of a diet in Italy by areobic people.
When their backs hurt they say it is their liver that hurts and then
they eat "in bianco" which is pasta and rice with no sauce...
what conclusions one can draw from this I don't know ;-)

Cecilia in Sweden