Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:55:09 -0700
>Marianne:
>But I've had the opposite
>experience: before I started eating paleo, I ate normal amounts during the
>workday and a lot of carbs at night. Since I've been paleo I don't feel the
>need for the large amount of carbs I used to eat at night at ANY time, but I
>did find that when I cut back on fruit I start snacking at night again. Are
>you eating enough fruit during the day? I eat probably half a cup of berries
>in the morning, an orange or mixed fruit during the day, and some more
>berries after dinner. Vegetables don't seem to give me what I need
>carb-wise, but the fruit does for some reason. And fruit doesn't cause me to
>put on weight.

Wow, we certainly have different body types.  I love fruit, and I'd eat it
all day long if I could.  I put on weight like nobody's business when I eat
multiple servings of fruit per day.  Like you, vegetables do not give me
what I need.  Fruit gives me most of what I need, but not all of it.  I
also have to eat some complex carbs at least once per day (a couple of
potatoes with dinner usually does it).

To lose weight, I have to reduce calories and reduce carbs (both fruit and
complex carbs).  However, when I develop software, it is almost entirely
impossible for me to not consume large amounts of food.  Part of me wonders
if it is emotional in nature (release of pressure, feel-good food, etc.).

Thanks for replying,

Kat.