Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:49:16 -0400
<<> I've noticed people react negatively to things for a few reasons:

> 1) They lack understanding
> 2) They fear the unknown
> 3) They 'recognize' a part of themselves they don't like, in another (the
> shadow self)

Is that why you get defensive? ;)>>

Hmmm, actually I get impatient and annoyed (of which I am not proud).
Sometimes communicating in this arena (online) can be very
challenging.  We
lack the benefit of seeing others' expressions, hearing tones in
voices,
etc.  I am particularly allergic to being ridiculed, though, and this
will
raise my defensiveness.

Siobhan