Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2011 14:27:14 -0600
Geoff > it's just not correct to state that humans never got cancer in
hunter-gatherer days

Who claimed that?  The only claim that's been made to my knowledge is
that the rate of cancer is much, much higher since we abandoned our
ancestral diets.

As for your comments about Taubes, he is a bit of a sensationalist
when he writes his pieces for popular magazines.  But, reading his
_Good Calories, Bad Calories_ book, his conclusions are inescapable,
if only partial.  The obesity epidemic is almost entirely caused by
dietary carbohydrate.

Jim