From:
Neil Abrahams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:08:36 -0800
> and eat them raw to ensure a Paleo proportion within a diet.

As far as eating raw turnips go; I say, no way!
Just about all vegetables, save carrots and daikons, that I eat are
cooked. Not only do they taste much better (to me, of course), but I
believe they are generally more digestible, and nutritious that way. If
cooking collard greens is okay (and who wouldn't do that), what's wrong
with cooking roots? I'm sorry, at some point one has to say this is a
principle of eating, not a religion. Perhaps a small amount of raw
turnips is fine, but it's doubtful that anything more than that should
be eaten raw.