From:
Kim Tedrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:32:50 EDT
Denise -- I quit a 23 yr, 2 pack-a-day habit a little over three years
ago.
I am convinced that eating lowcarb/paleo not only prevented me from
gaining
weight with the quit, but also helped level out mood swintgs and
nicotine
cravings.

Although I cannot point ot the specific bit of research, I have read
(I
believe it was in a book about quitting smoking by the T-Factor diet
guy,
Katahn) that nicotine suppresses insulin production (hence the weight
control
benefits to smoking).  It seems logical to me that altering the diet
control insulin would bring about some relief from the side effects of
quitting smoking.

Of course, it did also help that I unilaterally declared Nicorette
"paleo"  ;)

Go for it, the way-of-eating will support you.

Kim
"RoseRead"

In a message dated 9/26/00 10:00:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,