From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:59:53 -0700
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:29:45 +0100, you wrote:

>I don't think anyone on a paleo diet needs to worry about this study,
>as it breaks a golden rule of statistics (correlation does not imply
>causation)

I have yet to see one article in any news media about any "study" that
does not use the concept that correlation implies causation.   This is
what the media think science is all about.

Most people I know who are "thin" are either a) hyperthyroid, b) very
athletic (10 miles a day, etc.), or c) so obsessed with slenderness
that they eat virtually nothing.

For different reasons, all three types tend to eat mostly
carbohydrates, all though c) types eat far less "calories" than the
other two types.

--
Cheers,

Ken