From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:23:43 -0500
Todd Moody wrote:

>Since significant soy consumption in Asia goes back much further
>than 100 years, we would expect to find that the onset of puberty
>in Asian women has been at a young age for a long time, as
>compared with the recent change in Americans.  Is there evidence
>that this is so?

One big difference is in Asia they ferment their soy before eating it. We
don't do that here.

On this site: http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/

one finds: "Leading phytoestrogen researcher Dr Claude Hughes claims that a
high intake of soy during pregnancy may affect the developing fetus, and
the timing of puberty later in the child's life."

Details here: http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/references/Hughes.htm

Don.