From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:24:43 -0400
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:03:40 +1000, Alison Whitwood
wrote:

>Hey Amadeus,
>
>Would you post that again with the link, please.

>> Here's a nice fruit site I've came across.
>> Some details about several fruit.
>> (my personal darlings are almonds, blackcurrant, walnut, apricot)
>>
>> for your pleasure

oops sorry... it escaped... here catched again.

http://www.uga.edu/hortcrop/rieger/index.html
so many delicious things...

Actually i was searching a site about various nuts in
deserted (savannah) areas. I rememberd and found it now:
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/proceedings1990/v1-355.html

Here you can at last see mongongo nut trees in a picture.
I was researching about availibility of nuts over the year.
Hazel nuts are available only a short time of the year (and must be
kept
then for months, which is possible).
Mongongo are different and there are some more interesting nuts
species.

That newcrop site (stop the above url after "newcrop/" ) also has an
of "famine foods".

What a big number of species could and can and have been eaten.....
And how and when and which parts.
A good reason for a knowledge database like a big brain and
grandparents to
tell.

e.g.
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/FamineFoods/ff_families/POACEAE.html