Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 16:10:05 -0400
Several people have wondered why some of the previous regulars on this list
unsubscribed.  I know a handful of people who still eat a paleo diet but no
longer subscribe.  They found it was just too much mail to wade through.

One of the biggest problems, as I see it, is that so many people reply to
posts by posting the entire previous message.  This is annyoing, takes up
space unnecessarily, creates a huge large amount of digests (half of which
are repeats of previous posts), and clogs mail boxes.  Some people give up
reading the endless messages and just delete them.  Defeats the purpose.

I think we'd retain most readers if folks would follow this SIMPLE rule
(okay two rules):

LISTSERV COMMAND SUMMARY ---------------------

- Only quote what is absolutely essential, if anything, in your reply.

- When posting or replying to a messages, please make sure you have
changed the Digest subject line to reflect the topic of your message.

If you want to know exactly what so and so said, refer to the pale digest
archives.  Really, you DON'T need to repost the entire previous message you
are responding to.   The art of parphrasing seems to have been lost.

Rachel
(who's hoping people will find it!!)