From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:23:47 +1100
At 21:12 -0600 9/12/02, Robert McGlohon wrote:

>Yet, is surprises me that so many contributors to this list equate the
>"correct diet" with a cure for modern ailments.  Again, this is more
>intuitive than logical,  but:  The removal of a cause does not necessarily
>remove the condition.  Can we expect that a return to a "correct diet" will
>automatically mediate the effects of years of an "incorrect diet"?

Candidiasis is a "disease of civilization", generally triggered by high
carb diet and courses of antibiotics. It is extremely difficult to
treat candidiasis by diet alone. Generally as well as a strict low-carb
diet, a couple of flucanzole bombs followed by a course of probiotics
is required to get onto the road to recovery.

Celiac is another disease that I can personally attest to being
unhealed by a change in diet. The only way to alleviate the symptoms is
a complete abstinence from gluten. Forever.

I suspect that the body finds it very difficult or impossible to heal
itself from diseases which are caused by neolithic technology. It
simply isn't adapted to deal with the consequences of antibiotic abuse,
refined foods and other such modern inventions.

 ...Richard.