Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 07:13:39 -0800
I have my son on Neanderthin and the results have been simply amazing so far.

He eats a lot of pemmican, pork rinds with almond butter, fresh
lettuce/salad with no dressing, a small amount of cooked veggies (carrots,
broccoli, cauliflower) and no fruits.

I totally believe in the Neanderthin diet.

My question is, does anyone know of a diet that is a little less
restrictive, but still has most of the benefits of Neanderthin? I find the
diet so restrictive that I end up cheating. I had 2 wholewheat rolls with
raisins in them this morning, (but no sugar!) as I could not face the
prospect of eggs yet again.

I know that the SCD diet (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) omits gluten and all
other grains plus potatoes, however it does allow more foods such as natural
cheeses, winter squash, butter,  and a few other things.

I would like to eliminate the most dangerous foreign proteins like wheat
gluten, but is there a diet that lets you still get most of the benefits of
Neanderthin, but that is more livable and practical?

Also, which is more damaging to our bodies, sugar, or foreign proteins, or
both? I have completely eliminated refined foods and sugars, doesn't that help?

I have reduced enormously starches, gluten, etc but have the occasional cheat.

 Is it positive to have at least reduced starches, grains, or does a cheat
undo all the good?