From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 1998 21:46:33 -0400
Thanks to Don Wiss, Kris Kyes, Mary Copeland, and James
Crocker for suggestions on preparing cactus leaves.  Before
receiving these suggestions,  I experimented by simply
cooking them up with vidalia onion, pineapple and  yellow
peppers to eat next to my eggs yesterday morning.  Very
good.
For almond butter fans, I discovered that it's great on
apple slices for an after work snack.    The stuff is
expensive;  has anybody tried making it?  I get raw almonds
and imagine that the biggest problem after roasting them and
throwing them in the vitamixer would be to get the stuff out
as gooey as it is.  The kind I get lists unblanched roasted
almonds as the only ingredient.  Had some great paleo chili
this evening with antibiotic free beef.  No half a loaf of
bread with it like the "old days; " just bean free chili and
a giant romaine and pepper salad with cantelope for dessert
Tomorrow is my fiftieth birthday and I will have to politely
peck at some of the sweet carbs my faithful secretary will
no doubt prepare.   It is the thought that counts!  Rick.