From:
Richard Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 10:33:30 -0600
I've eaten many a raspberry in the wild.  When I was a teenager a friend
of mine and
I did survival camping in Upstate NY.  In the fall we grazed the
raspberries and black berries
just like bears.  And ate cat tail roots, chipmunks, bass, blueberries,
crayfish. It was great.

You eat raspberries by stomping a path through them as you go.  You
only get a few prickers doing it.

It is just barely spring time here in the Rockies, and I have a new
edible wild plants book.  I
hope to eat lots of wild plants this summer.

R. Keene