From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:22:53 -0600
Welcome to the madhouse :) I am not a paleo "purist", so I may get ripped
to shreds for some of this....

>How do you stay with these WOE when your family will not give up =
>their junk and you don't always have time to prepare 2 separate meals?

Not always easy. Perhaps the best strategy I've found is to "disguise" the
paleo foods. Try new versions of recipes that concentrate on paleo
ingredients. You may not rid your family of all the bad stuff, but their
diet should improve.

>I still have a 14 and a 16 year old at home

If they are chip eaters, let them try some pork rinds. With the Atkins
craze, I see them all the time in stores. Alternate them with fruit and
nuts for snacks.

Recently, I have been experimented with a couple of jello concoctions. A
big hit with my son is jello I made with frozen berries. Not truly paleo,
for sure, but better than lots of other things he could be eating.

>DH is not one to try a lot of new foods

What's wrong with something like steak and salad, or chicken and salad?
While your meat is cooking, throw together a salad. No need for cumbersome
"cooking". The beauty of paleo eating is that it's really quite simple.
Preparation is usually a snap.