From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:42:50 -0400
Bob Hogden wrote:
<snip>
In public places we see countless people our age who are morbidly obese,
arthritic, or visibly in poor health.  In the supermarket check out lines
we see them buying pasta and pastry.  In restaurants we see them at the
next table piling on the bread and corn.  It's tragic.  With the right
information these people could be healthy and live longer happier lives.
It's too bad they won't get that information from their doctors or the
government.

--------------

Congratulations, Bob, on finding good health and fitness with paleo eating.

I completely share your sentiments and could not have said it better. I
cannot convince friends and family, let alone strangers.

Here is the strangest thing. I can explain the paleo principals to a
biochemist or a physician with some scientific training and understanding,
and he or she has to agree with the theory, the fact that starch turns into
sugar, etc.

But then, cognitive dissonance takes over and it is as though I never said
anything. People have the marvelous ability to hold different thoughts,
concepts and ideas in their heads without consistency, and I think it
especially shows up in areas like diet lifestyle.

--Richard