From:
Theta Sigma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 13:33:41 -0800
 > I live in Calif and the only natural fruit I've seen here is =
blackberries
 > for a few weeks in the summer.

I really cant believe that is true ! =20
- arent there any wild apples, plums , pears , cherries, raspberries, =
brambleberries , grapes , cactus fruits ?
Esben

In southern California it is naturally a desert in most low-lying
locations.  Cactus fruits abound, naturally.  Grapes, maybe but the
majority are imported for vineyards.  Berries - yes.  Never have seen any
wild apples, plums, pears or cherries (except commercial varieties in
orchards).  There are other fruiting trees but I'm not sure if they are
natural or imported or edible (I believe the kumquats and loquats and
persimmons and date palms are all imported).  Maybe more of the wild
fruiting plants are found in Northern California? - much greener climate.

-=mark=-