Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 16:41:22 -0500
Hi All,

My name is Laura and I have been lurking on this list since my sister
loaned
me the book Neanderthin.  Currently I am reading "Nutrition and
Physical
Degeneration" by Weston Price DDS, an interesting book.

The sea salt that I have been using is "RealSalt."  It is from Utah,
USA and
is available in health food stores.  The package states the following:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"All salts are not created equal!

Did you know there is a vast difference in the quality and content of
table
salts on the market today"  Some have had chemicals added to them as
anti-caking agents.  Some have been heated or cooked to drive off
moisture.
Some have had valuable natural minerals removed in processing.

Are these differences in salt significant to us as consumers?  Yes!
Some
research indicates that even more important than the quantity of salt
you
eat, may be the type of salty you eat.

Because we care about how your food tastes and your good health, we
have
chosen to offer you RealSalt, the Natural Mineral Sea Salt.  It has no
chemicals added to it that might change its delicate "sweet-salt"
flavor.
It has not been heated or "cooked" in processing.  It contains
numerous
trace minerals known to be valuable in human nutrition.

The Minerals in RealSalt

RealSalt comes from an underground natural mineral rock salt deposit.
Millions of years ago, near what is now known as the town of Redmond,
Utah,
there existed a supersaturated body of seawater.  It congealed to form
great vein of rock salt and captured within the crystallization over
thirty
wholesome trace minerals.  Since it is an all natural product, the
analysis
and color will vary.  Below is a summary of analyses taken over the
past
several years.  Some clumping will occur due to the absence of
chemicals.

Sodium Chloride    98.32%
Calcium    .40%
Potassium    .12%
Sulphur    .11%
Magnesium    .10%
Iron    .06%
Phosphorus    .05%
Iodine    .002%
Manganese    .0015%
Copper    .001%
Zinc    .0006%

RealSalt also contains numerous other trace minerals in minute
quantities.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Because this salt is from the ancient sea, it is free of the human
caused
pollutants that are currently in the ocean.  The salt is marketed by
Redmond Minerals Inc, Redmond, UT 84652, 800-367-7258.

Best Regards,
Laura
Over 450 Photos of Chickasaw National Recreation Area
http://chickasaw.homestead.com.  Take a virtual tour of the first
National
Park in Oklahoma.