From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:00:19 +0100
On Jul 23, 2005, at 9:48 pm, Lynnet Bannion wrote:
> Adam Sroka wrote:
>
>> The problem I have with the Rosedale Diet is the same problem with
>> most
>> diets, or diets in general. It is an oversimplification of
>> reality. If
>> it works, it works for some people, some of the time.
>>

> <snip>
> Amen!  Thank you for contributing this post.  Only too true.
>
>    Lynnet

The problem is that people love over-simplification.  If you tell
people all they need to do is count the calories/carbs/fat in their
diet they love it!  If you tell them that food is a complicated
subject where you have to evaluate everything by how your body reacts
to it... they go back to eating cake and chocolate.  Perhaps we
should be grateful for Dr Atkins- he may have produced a generation
of mindless carb-counters who value low-carb bread above fresh fruit,
but at least it's got people eating a diet that is on average at
least *slightly* less bad than what it was before.

Ashley