Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 08:08:42 EDT
In a message dated 9/17/00 9:45:49 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Dear Allcreatures person, (do you have a name?)>>
No, my parents named me Allcreatures just for the heck of it.

<<I did not attack you in any way that I can perceive.>>

Oh well.  I don't think you will ever get it.

<<This list is full of feisty carnivores... I really did feel
(and still do) that we might be a bit too carnal for your taste.  We
do
discuss Paleo activities, such as bear killing in a primitive type
way, as
part of an intellectual fact finding pursuit for the truth of our
ancestral
lifestyle and diet (at least I do).>>

Ok then.  I didn't realize these discussions were a part of this
group. The
way you have this worded here is to share and educate, not to attack.
I much
prefer this and would certainly be open to reading more about this
subject.
Ray responded to my response to his post talking about cruelty in
nature.
Although I didn't necessarily agree with all that he wrote, he didn't
turn it
into a personal attack.  Another man who's name escapes me right now
spoke of
the killing of animals and surviving in the wilds of Alaska.  Again,
he
didn't turn his post into a personal attack, it was more to educate.

<<The initial "emotional overreaction" was, in fact, yours.
You think us unkind? I think not, but if you do, my assertion stands
without apology.>>

Wow.  Please don't sign up as the welcoming committee for new members!

I have to at this point apologize to the whole group.  I said I
wouldn't
respond to any more of these posts, and now I've done it twice!  I
don't care
to read petty arguments day after day between members, and I don't
suppose
others like to read this ongoing debate either.  I joined the group
for
specific reasons, not to get involved in a silly no-win situation with
people
who aren't able to take in the views of others.  I actually do have
many
questions about the paleo diet, but I'm wondering how to ask them
without
certain people taking them the wrong way, particularly after this
experience
with the two who are using this forum as their own personal soapbox to
get
attention.
Thanks!