From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:38:05 -0400
I just put about a half of an organic dairy cow in my freezer
(neighbor's cow broke a leg). I'll be on institutional food for ten days
in August in the Northern Colorado Rockies, and would like to pick out
just the vegetables to eat, and bring a load of beef jerky. Can anyone
tell me a good way to make jerky? We have one of those stack
dehydrators. We also have a large commercial Garland stove with two wire
racks, and sheet pans. The other question is does drying do any harm to
the nutritional qualities? Is pemmican better? More complicated?

TIA,
Hilary McClure
Danville, VT