From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:20:48 -0800
On Feb 25, 2007, at 12:02 PM, Ro wrote:

> Hi, I was a member of this list a few years ago.  I've recently
> rejoined.  Good to be here again.
>
> I have a question.  For health and therapy reasons, we're looking at
> getting a home spa/hot tub.  I need the heated water to work with
> relaxing tendons drawing up from RSD, among other things.  Does anyone
> here have an idea of how the various chemical treatments might be from
> a paleo-healthful perspective?  For water treatment we're probably
> looking at a bromine treatment with periodic use of an oxidizer
> shocker like Monopersulfate, and to balance pH, sodium
> carbonate/sodium bisulfate, and combined with the bromine would be an
> ozone generator, either corona discharge or UV light.
>
> Thanks,
> Ro

I have a spa, and I use no bromine, and only a rapid dispersal
chlorine shock now and then - less than weekly. I use monopersulfate
once daily in a low amount, and I run an ionic purifier of copper and
silver in the filter. I think that if I had an ozone generator I
could do with less than that. The chlorine and MPS are both
completely oxidized and gone rapidly, before I contact the water. I
can verify this with test strips.

This is a huge issue with me, as I filter and treat both shower and
drinking water, too.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!