From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 15:22:40 EST
In a message dated 3/5/01 2:15:47 PM, Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

<< I read Walford's book, the 120 year diet, it was excellent. I was on this
diet for several years. I found it very difficult though because I was often
hungry.  >>

Walford's diet is fairly high in complex carbohydrates, and low in fat. In my
opinion, that combined with it being low in calories as well, would make it
very difficult to stick to. He also states in his book, that the
macronutrient composition of the diet is less important to longevity than
caloric restriction itself. So, again in my unscientific opinion, I don't see
why eating a lower calorie Paleo diet wouldn't lead to the same longevity
benefits, but with much less discomfort from constant hunger, because blood
sugar levels would remain more stable from the higher ingestion of healthy
fats and proteins. Now if I could just stop eating so many nuts. . .

Maddy Mason