Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:34:40 -0500
<<I think it was Mark who asked that I post a critique of Carlson's fish oil
after using it for some time, presumably to second everyone else's opinion
or to see how a toddler's palate likes the stuff.
We have just finished the bottle, Zoe has taken it right off the spoon each
time I have offered it to her, and I think it tastes great (no fishy
aftertaste). She also seems to be having better digestion. No more obvious
signs that food is not being absorbed. Thanks, Rachel!>>

Hi all,

  A while ago when we were talking about fish oils the question was posed
about how Carlson's avoids the fishy taste in their product.  I did some
research on this and don't recall whether I shared it.  So, I'll share it
again.  Ribonuclease added to fish oil products removes the fishy smell and
taste.  Naturally, lemon does also.  I worked one summer helping a friend in
her fresh seafood restaurant.  We used lemon all the time to remove fish
smells from our hands and cutting boards.  This worked whereas soap didn't.

Siobhan