From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:35:06 +1000
At 11:43 +1000 27/8/99, Larelle wrote:

>I am disappointed that I am still getting period pain on a paleo diet.  I
>have been strictly paleo this month too.  When I was 100% raw food vegan my
>period pain problems were virtually cleared up.  Any ideas on what may be
>causing the problem?

Perhaps hormones in the meat you are eating?

Try steering clear of pork and chicken for a month and see if it helps.
Organic meat is likely to have less hormone residues, but most lamb and
beef in Australia is hormone-free anyway. Not so chicken and pork!

Is the inclusion of meat in your diet the only change from raw vegan?
Or have you changed something else?  If you've cut out soy products,
the progesterone precursors in the soy may have been helping.

 ...Richard.