From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:48:49 +0100
Richard Archer wrote:

>At 15:57 +1000 26/3/1999, Kim Tedrow wrote:

>>> vegetables that
>>>  taste revolting raw (to me) are the ones that aren't paleo

(green beans,
>>>  broccoli, cauliflower, potato, squash), and I avoid them cooked

as well.
>>>When did broccoli and cauliflower become non-paleo?  (and I like

both of those
>>raw)...

>I hope I don't restart that 'Broccoli is poisonous' thread.
Me too :-)

>..I find the smell of lightly steamed cauliflower and green beans

very
>unpleasant. The smell similar for both these vegetables.

I find interesting, that i can taste the 'revolting' or strong
taste of cauli or broccoli too, but they occur only with non organic

items.

This is a means to distinguish them for me.
The organic grown even smell so good, that i just can't resist
to drink the cooking water - whatever i already have to drink besides

that.
Btw. much of the water soluble vitamin (C..) is found in the cooking

water.

About beeing paleo a little info:
Broccoli , cauliflower, as well as cabbage and some other are derived

from one sole plant.
The extraordinary thing with them is, that they contain unbeleavable
amounts of Vitamin C (like best fruits) and Vitamin A.
I think that's the reason why they were grown and modified so

intensely
in our neolithic times:
Exactely C and A are the (only) missing vitamins in the cereal seeds.
No wonder that generations could survive on cereal and cabbage only.

It's clearly a vitamin-extreme plant, necessary in conditions where
these vitamins are low.

regards

Amadeus

---