From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:42:54 -0500
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:24:29 EST "S.B. Feldman, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

> Why is it so threatening to be exposed to the ideas of Amadeus? Why
> is there
> such protest and attack? The rudeness seems uncalled for unless it
> is a substitute for active censorship.

Ummm.... lets see...  someone camps out in a discussion group for years,
and constantly hammers away trying to disprove the basic principles
accepted by the other members.  Someone then clearly points out both his
errors in facts, and his constant refusal to deal with facts...  And
because of this, you dredge up this pathetic idea that anybody here feels
"threatened" by Amadeus or by his ideas...

Yes, rudeness would be uncalled for, but there has been none except from
some of the paleo critics (NOT Amadeus... he may be intentionally obtuse,
but he's never rude).  The accusation of "censorship" is utter nonsense.
Since when is open discussion "censorship?"  Is it rude to disprove
someone who spreads misinformation?  Should we just politely brush these
people off by saying "well, gee, that's nice!" and then ignore them?

What the heck do you want here?  To the best of my knowledge, this is a
group for the discussion of the practice of paleolithic diets, NOT for
constant debate about their merits.  IMNSHO, this list has been MORE than
hospitable to the people who come here not to learn, or to share, but to
argue against our basic principles.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.