From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 03:56:45 -0500
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:37:47 +0000, tom roberts <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>The article that you suggested we look at,
>http://www.earthpulse.com/flanagan/pharmacy.html,
>ends up by establishing dietary guidlines that seem to by almost
>impossible to implement.
>What foods would I have to eat to stay within these guidelines?
>Remember, I have to eat enough vegetable protein to make up 50% of my
>diet while keeping my total carb intake to 20% of my calories.

Tom, I agree that the dietary guidelines the Flanagans list can not be met
together. Not with vegetables and not at all.
More than 35% of calories from protein is physiologically impossible.
So, the guidelines  can only  be followed alternatinvely (these were to calm
down over-nervous types). E.G.carb reduction could bring down serotinin
levels. I was astonished to hear that serotonin counts with the excitatory
brain transmitters. Most people have a serotonin deficit, I believe.

Isn't it interesting how far deficits on certain minerals and vitamins
influence mood? A paleo nutrition ought to provide high levels of these.

And we can learn that vitamin B6 magnesium play a key role in mood.
Best B6 sources are (per weight)
  wheat germ
  (noble, river) cancer
  banana
  sardines
  sweet pepper
  salmon
  oats
  flax
  calv innards
  walnuts
  millet

Bananas beeing also very good for magnesium.

regards, Amadeus