From:
Brad Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:48:43 -0600
I am getting a quarter (100-120 lbs) of a grass-fed steer right after
Thanksgiving.  I asked about organ meats and suet, and was told that I could
get whatever I wanted.  The processed and packaged meat is costing me $2.35
per lb...it may be the same for the organ meats.

The only organ meat I have ever eaten is liver, which I like.  What organ
meats, besides liver, would be worthwhile getting (also considering that it
may cost $2.35 per lb)?  As an organ-eater novice, which ones may be more
palatable?  I have ordered "Unmentionable Cuisine" to learn more about organ
meats, but I have to fill out the cut sheet in the next few days.

I live in Houston, TX if anyone on the list lives nearby and would be
interested in some of the meat (including organs).

Thanks in advance,

Brad