From:
krosenth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:21:50 -0500
From: "Robert McGlohon" <[log in to unmask]>

> There's a tip for cooking roast in this week's Parade newspaper supplement
> that mimics a tip I read here:  brown the meet in a skillet and then
roast.
> The recipe calls for high heat, and I know that olive oil (my usual
choice)
> doesn't do well on high.  Any suggestions?  I'm  looking for ways to
improve
> the cheaper cuts of meet.

Robert, I'm sorry that I don't remember the exact oven temperature, but our
former minister's wife used to make a wonderful beef dinner by turning the
oven on really high - like 475 or 450 degrees.  She then rubbed spices into
the beef:  salt, pepper, etc. and put the meat into a paper bag and then
into the oven.

She immediately turned the oven off.  That's right, she turned it off.

Then she went to church.  When she came home, the beef was ready:  rare,
tender, and very juicy.  I've never had the guts to try this, but it sounds
good.

Kath