From:
June Kamerling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:12:08 -0800
Hi All,

Our family of 3 spends roughly $700.00 per month on food.
My husband and I are 100% Paleo. We buy our meat from local farms,
organic produce from farmers markets, local health food stores (more $$)
and/or
local farms (CSA box). We buy pastured eggs at our local health food store.
Someday maybe we'll get it together to have chickens.
In the summer we grow a fair amount of food.
Occasionally with guilt I buy factory farm meat from Costco.

My 18 yo son will eat the meat I prepare but eats bread, some packaged
food, dairy.
(You can only fight so many battles w/ an 18 yo).
If he ate Paleo our bill would probably be slightly lessl. Packaged food is
pricey per # (we're in Northern California).
$700.00 /month is an average but it includes our occasional dinner parties,
friends over, etc.

I dont 'know what other Paleo families spend so I don't know if this is
outrageous.
None of us are on rx meds, never need to go to the hospital/doctor.
My seasonal and cat allergies are non existant and we rarely get more then
a slight sniffle.
 We are by no means wealthy. We don't go on extravagant vacations and
rarely go out to eat.

I'd be interested to hear what other Paleo families spend per month.

--

*June KamerlingPilates, personal trainer, massage therapist*
*El Cerrito Fitness Pilates and Personal Training*