From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 05:49:25 -0700
Richard Geller wrote:
> How do you reconcile all of this fruit, which is relatively high in
> sugar and would not be available to paleoman?
>
> --Richard

The meal plan outlined in "NeanderThin" is relatively high in fruits and
juices.  I tried to show as much variety in types of food and daily
situations as possible.  In the text, I caution about eating too much
fruit when trying to maximize weight loss and I plan to expand on this
concept in future editions.  Most people who try the plan outlined in the
book also lose weight (it's still relatively lowcarb) and feel less
constrained in their eating habits.  Making the transistion to a
paleodiet is very difficult for most people and I tried to make a
mealplan that recognized this fact and presented a diet that was not
overly restrictive and indeed may be seen as excessive (the first day is
6500 calories).  I also tried to make each day present a different
situation and how I eat a varied diet in response.  This idea of daily
and seasonal variation will also be explored further in future editions.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
Ranked # 6062 (with a bullet) on Amazon.com's bestseller list!!!