From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 18:35:45 -0500
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Johnny Battle wrote:

> The other half is that most under rated of paleolithic
> dietary items---water. It's been pretty well established that most
> people don't get enough.

For what it's worth, Dick Gregory recently came to this campus
and gave a talk.  For those who may not know who he is, Dick
Gregory started as a rather fat stand-up comic back in the 1960s,
but morphed into a social activist, and a also a person with
definite ideas about nutrition, etc.  I think he markets some
sort of "Bahamian" diet program, too, but I don't know anything
about it.  Anyway, now in his 70s, he's still an entertaining and
provocative speaker.  At his recent talk here at St. Joseph's he
made the following statement, for what it's worth: "The leading
cause of death in America today is dehydration."

I don't quote Dick Gregory as an authority, but he is a man who
isn't afraid to stick his neck out.

Todd Moody