From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:20:32 -0700
Alison Ashwell wrote:

> My determination to avoid HRT is also not hypothetical or romantic.
> I have avoided taking thyroxine and insulin by taking charge of my own
> health and I can't see any reason to lack confidence as far as coping
> with menopause is concerned.

I've avoided taking HRT; three years into menopause now.  Mostly paleo
except for occasional lapses.  My bone density is excellent.  Hot flashes
are still annoying; I haven't figured out the answer on that.  I'm sure job
stress is part of it.  But I can live with the flashes, feeling that I am probably

reducing my risk of breast and ovarian cancer.  Someone in my family took
estrogen for 35 years, after a hysterectomy, and has had two breast cancers,
at which point they "took my estrogen away", as she says.  Even with that,
she thought the stuff was just wonderful, and continues to try to convince me
to use it.

Each woman needs to study this matter and make her own decision.  I've made
mine, and I'm satisfied with it.

Lynnet