From:
Michelle Wolfson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 14:20:10 EST
In a message dated 10/26/98 9:25:41 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< >I wonder if I could get your help? My grandson, now 3 months old, can't
 >tolerate milk, so he is on soy formula. Unfortunately, he is showing some
 >evidence of reacting to that too. I have recently heard that there is such
 >a thing as a meat-based formula, but I can't find any information on it. >>

Of course, breast milk is the best. I have heard about breast milk "banks" but
I don't know how widely available it is and what the requirments are to get
it. You may want to contact a local chapter of La Leche League International
for info.

Another type of formula I've seen called Pregestimil, but I think it's a
modified milk protein.

By the way, even if the baby's mother decided not to breast feed at the
beginning, or couldn't for whatever reason, I've read that women can still
express milk even two years after having a baby or stopping breastfeeding. So
after three month, I think it is still possible. There is a technique called
"re-lacatation" which involved using a breast pump in addition to nursing the
baby with the help of a supplemental feeder.

Again, La Leche can help provide info.

I hope this helps!
Michelle Wolfson