Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 20:20:27 +0100
I'd love to get my hands on that book too... no time to read though:-)

I do read his regular column in the monthly Observer Food magazine
[http://observer.guardian.co.uk/foodmonthly/0,9957,475349,00.html] so I'm
familiar with the subject...  I get my meat from The Ginger Pig on Moxon st.
W1 [they sell in Borough market too, all grass-fed and naturally reared] and
from the bio-dynamic water-buffalo farmer at the Marylebone's farmers market
on Sundays... occasionally I'd buy organic lamb from Waitrose as lamb is the
least processed meat and always grass-fed [well at least in the UK]

As for prices, the above sources are cheaper than organic meat from the
supermarket and I buy mostly cuts with bones etc. which helps keep the
budget down too... OTOH... as the quality of the food we eat is one of our
top priorities,   adjustments are made elsewhere in our budget :-)

Dedy