From:
Norm Skrzypinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:23:58 -0500
> Well... in my own case, the low 97s are normal for me.  I've always been
> quite efficient in cooling myself--it's not unusual for me to get mildly
> hypothermic if I sweat too much.  Ironically, I also prefer cooler temps
> (probably 'cause in part because if it's too warm, I get dehydrated
quickly
> :)...  And this was also true back when I was a bean-pole pre-adolescent
<g>.

> Out of curiosity, is anyone else with a "low" normal temp. really
sensitive
> to a mild fever?  I seem to notice it when it hits... well, 98.6 :)?
>
> Dianne

When I ate a macrobiotic diet (grains, beans and vegetables) in the 1980s,
my temperature was never below 98.8.  When I ate an all-raw vegan diet from
1988 to 1996, my temperature was never above 98.

Since 1996, I've been eating a raw diet which includes meat and fish. My
temperature is always in the range of 98.2 - 98.4, winter and summer,
before and after exercise.  Hot and cold weather no longer bother me at all.
I have no need for air conditioning and I no longer dread winter.  I live in
Ontario, Canada, where we get mid-90s in the summer and -25 in the winter.

I think that much of what is considered to be normal is merely usual.  It's
what is most frequently observed.

Norm