From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:51:21 -0800
Maybe it is just semantics. I am NOT saying that the idea that the world is
less than 10,000 years old is rubbish!!!  Maybe it is less than 10,000 years
old. All I KNOW is my lifespan.
The point I am trying to make is that paleo theory and a young world theory
is by very definition mutually exclusive and thereby rubbish. Either Paleo
theory is rubbish or young earth belief is rubbish. One of the 2 is false in
relation to each other. Maybe we were genetically engineered by aliens
100,000 years ago and both are rubbish.

There is something I call the healthy old person diet scam. Some person who
looks very healthy is 70+ years. That person consumes booze, smokes and
drinks a liter of cola a day and claims those three things will lead to
health. That is an extreme example however, we see plenty of "gurus" out
there peddling ideas "if it works for me than it will work for everyone
else." If all the reasonable scientific information says that drinking,
smoking and swilling cola is probably unhealthy than the idea of doing those
things for longevity is rubbish.

I agree true that politeness and open mindedness is always preferred. It
does remind me of an old joke. Be careful about being too open minded
otherwise your brain will fall out.
David