From:
Elizabeth Beasley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2008 09:38:06 -0500
Ron, and others, I was happy to read the below. I feel exactly the same way.
I only feel well, get to and stay at a great body weight and shape, eating
fattier meats, lots of low carb veggies, and use fats for cooking like
bacon/pork side fat.

However, I do crave sweets, and it's horribly worse during my time of the
month.

When I do cave in (no pun intended) I feel horrible, go on a binge, can't
stop until I just feel really horribly, my entire body hurts, my sinuses
ache, I cough and get congested, and more awful stuff. :(

I can't figure it out, why does my body crave stuff that makes it so
emotionally and physically ill?

Thanks for sharing your input, Elizabeth

Like you, I embrace fats. Maybe they aren't the best choice for everyone,
but they do seem to be better for me. I usually carry about 5 pounds more
than I need, and it is on my torso. I can lose the belly in a week just by
reducing my carb intake.

Unfortunately, I have a strong attraction to sweets. I miss them terribly.
After a meal I will get up and wander around the kitchen trying to see
something that will quell my sweet tooth. When I do break down and eat
something sweet, I unleash a daemon that keeps after me to keep on feeding
it. I suspect that is the root of much of the obesity out there. I can
certainly sympathize.

Although fats seem to provide me with all the energy I need, and I savor the
flavor of fats, I sure wish it was true that carbs are our friends. :-)

Best Wishes,
Ron