From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2012 09:35:01 -0800
I should have gone further. "In the beginning of God's creation of heaven
and earth, the earth was without form and empty"

One indicates EVERYTHING was started in that moment the other indicates
there was already something there that was being worked with.

If 10,000 years from now your new religion the Marathoners takes off and we
lose any record of everything else...

"In the beginning, Bren started a marathon..." vs. "In the beginning of
Bren's starting a marathon...".

Your first statement says all creation started with your marathon. the
second statement indicates there was something before the marathon.

The bible is a rather short book. It only covers certain things written in a
form that the people of the time would understand the moral message. Many
Jews and Christians feel that the bible can be read as a story of divinely
guided evolution. Some feel Genesis 6:1 is an indication of the mixing of
homo erectus or Neanderthal into our gene pool.