From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:44:05 +0000
Well, I went raw, omnivorous palaeo for a few years before doing raw zero-carb and cured my various health-problems. I then decided to try raw zero-carb just as an experiment, even though I didn't need it. After several days, I noticed my physical performance decline rapidly. I also noticed an improvement re concentration/mental alertness. Then, after 2 weeks, I would feel constantly dehydrated and no amounts of alkaline mineral water would slake my thirst, I'd just urinate it all out shortly afterwards.After that 2 week period, I noticed significant heart-palpitations, irregular heart-beat, my teeth deteriorated sharply becoming thinner and with gums receding to the point where I seriously thought that I was going to lose them if I continued, also I started experiencing a dramatic drop in terms of concentration/alertness plus a return of various adrenal-burnout-related symptoms I'd had pre-rawpalaeodiet(chronic fatigue etc.), dry skin, total loss of appetite for any animal foods to the point where I had to force myself to even eat small mouthfuls of raw meat just in order to get enough nutrition as I didn't think I'd last long while fasting for weeks in this state. In the end I had to give up after 5-6 weeks, as I could see that otherwise I would end up in hospital within weeks.

Now, of course, there are a number of people who seem to thrive on ZC, raw or cooked(though I'm a bit wary as the vast mjaority haven't been doing it for very long at all). A ZCer once suggested to me that going Zero-Carb put an extra strain on the adrenals and other glands. Given that my previous health-problems were adrenal- and thyroid-related , it's possible that while I'd generally healed those glands by that point that going RZC overstressed them in a way that raw omnivorous palaeo didn't , so that I started getting gland-related health problems again. I have no idea whether that's correct or not, it's just a theory.

Geoff

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/