From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:29:45 -0500
On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Erik Hill wrote:

> www.thebirkettmills.com makes the claim that buckwheat (groats) is/are
> actually a FRUIT.  I realize that sufficient processing (such as required to
> make it into the flakes and stuff that www.thebirkettmills.com sells) would
> still mean it's not-paleo -- but is this true?  Is buckwheat a fruit?

That is what I have read on more than one occasion, and the same
applies to quinoa.

Incidentally, according to the phylogenetic approach to paleo
that some people prefer, these foods would be considered paleo,
since they are members of a phylogenetic category that comprises
mostly paleo foods.

Todd Moody