Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:23:33 -0600
Hi All,

I am curious about how paloe/food/lotion affects the condition of our skin.

I have very dry skin year round and have blamed it on thyroid problems.
However, I am beginning to wonder if dry skin is "normal" in some
individuals. In other words, is it possible that some paleo people had dry
skin while others had oily or normal skin, despite eating the same or
similar diet?

Another theory I have heard on dry skin is that it's because we (people) put
lotion on constantly and our skin is conditioned. Supposedly if one stops
putting on lotion the skin will be more dry initially, but then start
producing it's own oils again. I personally have been putting lotion on my
lower body consistently, as well as my arms, but rarely put lotion on my
stomach. Incidentally, my legs and arms are very, very dry, while the skin
on my stomach is normal.

And last but not least, how DOES diet affect the condition of our skin?
Could dry skin be a sign of not eating enough fat?

Anybody have any input on any of this?

Thanks,

~Kris