From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:12:26 -0700
On Sun, 9 Jul 2000 18:48:36 -0400, Siobhan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

><<Please list one initial, either first initial or last initial, of the name
>of
>ONE PERSON you treated who:
>
>- was on a low-carb diet
>- ingested Lite Salt
>- experienced "heart failure"
>- ceased ingesting Lite Salt
>- subsequently did not have "heart failure">>
>
>All those who initially experienced heart failure. I have no trouble
>treating for prevention of heart failure if Lite Salt is not a part of the
>picture.  I'm done now, Ken.  I stand by my assertion.

Still no specifics - you couldn't come up with one initial because those people
don't exist.

Okay, how about this one.    How many grams of carbohydrates per day were being
ingested by the people you treated who:

- were on a low-carb diet
- ingested Lite Salt
- experienced "heart failure"
- ceased ingesting Lite Salt
- subsequently did not have "heart failure"

The reality is that you are referring to the dangers of HIGH potassium, but a
low carbohydrate diet puts one in a state of LOW potassium.

This is why I believe that you posted an unthinking reaction to the words
"LiteSalt", without taking into account that we are discussing a specific diet
that tends to remove fluids and electrolytes, including potassium.

People these days have an amazing resistance to saying "oops, I made a mistake".

--
Cheers,

Ken