From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 07:11:16 -0500
On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:52, Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-001-02s00hg.html
>
>It's not a mystery. This site gives you the breakdown of fish oil --
>like all fats fish oil is a mixture of many fatty acids
>of different lengths and different degrees of saturation.
>Some commercial fish oils
>are mixed with more or less amounts of EPA and DHA.
>
>Liz
>
>[log in to unmask] wrote:

<snip>

>> And you'll notice that most capsules are 1,000mg,
>> with 180mg EPA and 120mg
>> DHA.  If you try to find out what is in
>> the remaining 70%, you'll come up
>> against obfuscation and embarrassed silence.
>>
>> Keith

Thanks for the link; I think I'm getting close.  The breakdown here is for
1 cup (1 cup!-Yurrghkkk!) of cod liver oil.  I was looking for commercial
fish oil, sold on the basis of its omega-3 content.  I guess you're
telling me fish oil (like that we buy from the pharmacy in capsules) is
broadly similar.

Keith