From:
Elainie Gagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:08:59 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/04 10:18:07 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> I have a limited budget, so unfortunately eating a lot of grassfed meat is a
> bit out of range for me right now.  What should I be looking for?  What
> precautions should I take?  I know raw ground should be avoided (though I've
> eaten plenty in my lifetime and haven't died yet!).  Anything else I should
> avoid?  I don't think I could bring myself to eat chicken or other raw
> poultry as that sort of revolts me.  But raw beef looks so yummmy to me.

I will only eat hunted and home butchered raw meat and it has to be from
grazing animals.
Even store bought grass fed meat I will not eat raw. It has to do with the
slaughterhouse facility etc..
I used to eat a raw RAF diet and got sick from store bought pastured meat.
Store bought pastured meat is only safe cooked IMO.
I'd be very cautious about consuming grain fed meat raw and would not take a
chance.

Elainie