From:
"Dr. James Alpigini" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 08:36:25 -0400
>I wonder how many become vegetarians in their hyper-sensitive teen years?

Well, I became a vegetarian in undergrad from necessity.  I simply
could
not afford meat, but I could afford spaghetti, day old bread and
(stupidly)
generic cigarettes. :-(  I kept it up for a couple of years after
school
out of habit.  I had been diagnosed with a spastic colon and told to
follow
a high fiber diet with lots of whole grains.  I ended up becomming
anemic.
I then killed a deer, stocked the freezer and have been an omnivore
since.

It was about a year and a half ago that I learned that gluten was the
problem.  Meat - good, wheat - bad, internists - questionable.

James at Penn State